Criminal Law (North Shore) -
Fay Marie Nicholls & Associates
Please note that if you have any dealings with the police you have
the following rights:
You are not obliged to:
• Accompany police officers anywhere, unless you have been
• placed under arrest (if so, you are entitled to know the
• Submit to a search of your person, property, vehicle or
• premises, without reasonable cause, unless police hold
• a valid warrant, notice or court order.
• Talk to police officers about an allegation that you have
• committed an offence.
• Answer question or be interviewed by tape or video.
• Be in a lineup.
• Be fingerprinted or provide handwriting samples.